Friday, July 23, 2010

EOC WEEK 2: What Do You Think Of Lawyers?

My experience with attorneys has been so, so. I once had a medical case that went on for more than a year and to say the least went very badly. One of the attorneys was previously married to the person that we were suing. Is that a conflict of interest? I certainly believe it was it certainly had an effect on my case. After a long and tedious journey with the case it turned out to be one big waste of time and a very disappointing settlement, not to mention the firm took thirty three percent on top of the ridiculous settlement. That would be the last time I hire an “ambulance chaser”. In that experience alone I am completely turned off the lawyers and am very skeptical about their intentions. Lawyers seem to be money hungry. I’m sure there are some attorneys that are honest and hard working, but I would say it’s finding a needle in a hay stack. Too bad lawyers get a bad rap, but these opinions did not just fall out of the sky their reputation perceives them. Attorneys are a lot like doctors, they are just in it for the money, (in my opinion) that is. Whatever happened to doing what you love, not just having a career for the large paycheck. Hey, I say attorneys can make a comeback for the better if the next generation truly has a love of the law and generally want to help the public, because they have a passion for the law not because they can make a big paycheck. By the way; take heed and research your attorney before you hire them “ambulance chaser’s are a no go, take it from me I speak from personal experience. If I never see another lawyer it will be too soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment