Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Legal Authority: How I made contact, found this person and why they are a good choice.

The Law Firm I chose to interview was Marquis& Aurbach Attorneys at Law. I just walked in to an attorney’s office that was near my residence, after all the phone calls and walk-ins to other firms that gave me the run around the best attorney’s office for my needs was right around the corner. The counselor I spoke with was Erin Barnett, Erin specializes in Intellectual Property Law"Intellectual Property laws, along with court decisions and regulations, establish rules for the following activities: selling,licensing of intellectual property,resolving disputes between companies making or selling similar intellectual property." which is why I chose this firm I asked Erin a series of ten questions referring to the fashion industry. Erin was more than happy to oblige my needs as a student and as a future client after my graduation. I look forward to working with the Marquis & Aurbach in the future they were knowledgeable and friendly, yet assertive and very professional. I felt like I was in good hands. With the experience I encountered with several of the other firms I contacted with their unprofessional tendencies of cancelling appointments and not returning calls. I must say I was pleasantly surprised that Marquis & Aurbach spoke to me right away as a walk-in put me in a conference room asked me about what kind of business law was I interested in to my surprise they knew exactly what I needed with just a couple of questions. They also asked if I would like a beverage or pastry while I waited to interview with one of the firms’ colleagues that specialized in the field that best suited my needs. When I open my Boutique I will definitely be having the Marquis & Aurbach firm on retainer, as I learned during my interview it is much cheaper to keep an attorney on retainer"patent attorneys are required to have a technical higher education degree as well as a legal background and must pass a USPTO examination in order to obtain their license." than it is to run into some trouble and not have an attorney that you already have a relationship with. "Patent attorneys must be licensed to practice law and also be licensed by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office."

No comments:

Post a Comment