Friday, September 17, 2010

Your own argument and opinions. Did you agree or disagree with the rulings. Provide some authority for your argument such as quotes from the book.

My opinion on the intellectual property law is that it is an excellent resource for the creative person to protect their creations, however with most creations it is allowed to make similarities (palming off)"A person engages in palming off when he or she intentionally causes one product or service to be confused with another for commercial gain." to ones creations which I disagree with. I think that similarities of others creations can be confusing to consumers, take for instance product similarities like CVS with brand name products. The similarities are significant, I purchased a face cleanser assuming it was a brand name due to the color and shape only to get to the checkout counter to see that it was actually the drugstore brand, it was pretty confusing to say the least. All I can say is that I was relieved that I did not get all the way home before noticing the mishap. I think in specific situations as these that product similarities should not be placed next to each other or for that matter look alike. I would imagine that big companies such as CVS should be able to sell their own brands without looking like another name brand product. Moving on to knockoff merchandise" Deliberately infringing a mark belonging to another" I am glad they are illegal. Knockoff merchandise is a ridiculously large business"counterfeiting is an act of making or selling lookalike goods or services bearing fake trademarks." I mean it must cost millions of dollars to purchase the knockoff emblems, fabric and hardware. "Economic espionage intending or knowing that the offense will benifit any foreign government knowingly."Not to mention the labor and shipping just to make fake products in patents and copyrights class I viewed a film titled Illicit it was about knockoff products anything from pills to car brakes now thats scary!" In general whoever receives,buys or possesses atrade secret, knowing the same to have been stolen, copied, duplicated, replicated, obtained or converted without permission is commiting economic espionage." "The remedies for counterfeit products can also trigger liability as a counterfeiter."

No comments:

Post a Comment