Friday, September 17, 2010

Rule of law -- a concise summary of the main precedent established. Support with quotes form the book

Intellectual property law is the main precedent in my blog. Being that I am a future business owner it is important to follow this rule of law. “Intellectual property laws don’t prevent someone from stepping on the owner’s rights. But the laws do give an owner the ammunition to take a trespasser to court.” I plan to have design patents for the fashions I create. “A design patent lasts fourteen years after the date the patent issues.” I also plan on having my designs copyrighted. “Copyrights are granted for original creative expressions produced by authors, composers, artists, designers, programmers and similar creative individuals.” As well as having my work trademarked. “Trademark law protects the rights of businesses who use distinctive names, designs, logos, slogans or other signifiers to identify and distinguish their products and services.” So just opening a fashion boutique consists of a lot of work and knowledge of the fashion industry and intellectual property law which it will be wise on my part to have an attorney on retainer. To insure that no one can steal, duplicate, or infringe on my creations and also make certain that I am prepared for any unfortunate situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment